Saturday, November 28, 2009

Wrestling

I was blessed to wrestle varsity for 3 years in high school & win far more than I lost. I relived a bit of that today. Dylan wrestled with the Exeter High School team in a 4 school scrimmage at North Schuylkill Area High School near Frackville. Kathy & I made the 75 minute drive to watch. I've listened to his complaints as practice started about 2 weeks ago. "It's really tough." "I really hurt." "The coach is very demanding." But today, he wrestled with 4 others in his weight class and easily handled all but one. That young man had 13 years of experience. They were about even in ability - the other boy experienced - Dylan stronger and a bit more determined.

There has been such a good change in Dylan this calendar year. He has become more confident. He feels safe. He knows who he is and whose he is. He has become comfortable in his own skin.

I guess all this should make me feel a bit old, but instead, I just feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment